Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/customer/www/alexamorosiyoga.com/public_html/media/foundry/3.1/libraries/cssmin.php on line 2236
34 Things I'm Glad I Learned, and Am Learning, By 34
1. You can blame and play victim, but ultimately your life is your responsibility.
2. Not everyone has to like you.
3. And you don't have to like everyone.
4. There's a difference between liking someone and loving someone.
5. And aim to love everyone.
6. Sometimes the best way to love someone is to set a clear boundary, no matter how difficult that can be.
7. Act from genuine desire to do something, not from guilt or fear about not doing it.
8. When something is not working, let it go gracefully and don't look back.
9. Trust the little instinct inside you because it's always right.
10. There's great relief in not needing to be noticed or special all the time. Being an ordinary human being is miraculous in of itself.
11. Surround yourself with people who genuinely love you and whom you love, allow them to love you and tell them you love them, and never take that love for granted.
12. As much as possible, see the best in people and situations.
13. Nothing, no matter how bad it may seem, is really a catastrophe.
14. Your thoughts, words, and actions create your happiness; your happiness is not someone else's responsibility.
15. Other people's thoughts, words, and actions create their happiness; their happiness is not your responsibility.
16. Be compassionate and care for others, but don't forget to be compassionate and care for yourself by always being on your own side.
17. Kindness is not weakness. Kindness is profound strength.
18. It's better to be alone than in an unhealthy, stressful relationship.
19. You have the right to change your mind.
20. All things end, you cannot prevent or control endings by hiding, holding back, or running away.
21. If you make a mistake, you can get in line with every other human being who has done the same thing. It's how you handle the fallout from the mistake that counts.
22. Be authentically who you are and let your universe form around that authenticity.
23. Family is the most important part of your life, both biological and chosen.
24. You're not perfect and you never will be, and oddly enough that makes you perfect.
25. You will hurt people and people will hurt you whether inadvertently or intentionally. It's your choice whether to live in resentment and guilt or to let it go.
26. Our lives are precious, once in eternity opportunities. Enjoy as much as you possibly can for each moment is as unique and fleeting as a snowflake.
27. Let people be who they are, no matter where they are, and trust they have access to the same guidance you do and will find their way.
28. You can always sense what is right and what is wrong for you, but it's impossible to know what is right or wrong for someone else.
29. Feel what you feel until you feel something else, and then feel that.
30. Discomfort is not deadly, in fact, it can be healing.
31. Sitting openly with discomfort is the most healing and courageous action you can take.
32. Fall in love with reality, not your imagination or memory.
33. Life is lived in the shades of grey between black and white; we are all living paradoxes.
34. You can talk all you want, but your actions are what truly reveal your character.